The mainstream acceptance of Darwinian evolutionary theory as fact demonstrates the power of forceful persuasion. If a false idea is pushed on people repeatedly from "experts," and any questioning of the idea is immediately and forcefully called "absurd," "unintelligent," "irrational," etc., trying to intimidate people to accept their view, many people will be intimidated, and are then less likely to do their own research and discover that the idea being pushed is false. This is exactly what you find with those pushing Darwinian evolution, they often resort to name-calling/slander, coupled with irrational falsehoods, like billing the debate as "Science vs. God" (as if those that believe in God are necessarily anti-science, when they're not). But if you get passed that manipulation and misinformation (on Wikipedia, social-media, popular magazines, in State-issued textbooks, etc.) and take a close look at the evidence refuting the so-called "proof" of Darwinian evolution, you can find a lot of technical scientific literature, and common sense, showing that basic tenets of evolutionary theory don't fit with reality; the following is just a brief summary of some of the main problems:
- No real fossil evidence of transitional forms between species/kinds at all; "Lucy" and other so-called "evidence" of a transitional species is laughable in quality and has been thoroughly refuted, as the videos and listed books below, along with many other sources, show. Whether pointing to an ancient bird fossil and saying it's "half reptile" without scientific basis (plus a useful/good reptilian leg mutating, becoming less useful, while slowly becoming a good wing over generations, doesn't help their survival chances by the way!), or pointing to parts of a verified ape species and saying they're human, it's all just a mess of so-called evidence that has been scientifically disproved time and time again; every supposed "transitional fossil" turns out not to be so when you look deeper into it (getting passed all the misinformation). If there were really all these transitional species, there should be massive numbers of examples of them (since the process of gradual evolution supposedly happens over millions of years), but the Darwinian evolutionists can only point to artist renditions and things like a single tooth of "Nebraska Man" (that turned out to be from a pig!), "Java Man" (that turned out to be a human), etc. This is probably why those pushing Darwinian evolution tend not to talk for long about specific fossil evidence of transitional species from one kind of animal to another, they try to change the direction of the conversation very quickly in my experience! Speaking of this commonly encountered tactic of avoidance of scientific evidence, interestingly in the 2015 "Mistakes and Hoaxes" issue of Popular Science magazine they have two separate articles on bunk evolutionary science: the first on the "Piltdown Man," declared as another "missing link" but turned out to be a hoax, and the second article on how the idea that man evolved from apes doesn't actually hold up to the evidence. Admitting these facts is very good, yet, for no scientific reason, they still insist there is a "common ancestor" between humans and apes, even though they cite no specific evidence for one! They just say there is, and that's it. That's not real science. This heavily slanted irrationality is typical of false belief, rather than of evidence or experience taking precedence with one's claims about reality. They refuse to let go of the evolutionary theory which has been proven bunk over and over, and side-step the reality, referencing nothing in particular, and apparently hope no one will notice! This same exact thing is found in the recent HBO documentary Questioning Darwin, in which they speak of "infinite evidence," but then don't get into the details of any! Again they just expect you to believe the "experts." This "science" documentary, just like the very misleading PBS TV Series Evolution, completely ignores all the scientists that reject Darwinian evolution as unscientific. Also showing its scientifically hollow core, it is filled with long tangents on the romanticized life of Darwin, plus a few cherry-picked Christians that believe in an absolute literal interpretation of everything in the Bible; the makers of this documentary were clearly trying to discredit the idea of intelligent design (and Christianity), but, to anyone with some basic awareness of the issue, obviously failed, just as the PBS series failed, though both will sadly probably still work as effective propaganda on many. It appears the alternative possibility of intelligent design is so unacceptable to these evolutionary theory propagators that they will continue to twist (or just declare!) so-called facts to fit an evolution/atheist world-view so that design appears "disproven," even after it has been admitted in mainstream publications that it's their own previous claims on evolution that are the only thing that has been proven false.
- Related to the above problem of lacking fossil evidence, there is no satisfactory explanation/evidence for how Darwinian evolution mechanisms could have facilitated the "Cambrian Explosion."
- Other evolution theorists posit "cladogenesis" (i.e. one species jumping to/"branching out" to be another kind of animal without transition) as an alternative to the problem of lack of evidence for transitional species, but they also deliver no solid evidence/observation/explanation for their idea; in fact all that has been observed is the extinction of many species over time, not new ones popping up from older ones via physical birthing; therefore this other aspect of evolutionary theory is also not scientific at all, and it also contradicts the very definition of evolutionary theory! These evolutionists now say evolution occurs suddenly without transition (hence the "genesis," no irony using that term huh?), but that's exactly the opposite of what the theory has been proposing: gradual changes in species that result in a whole new species! When someone never admits real mistakes and they just keep coming up with additional irrational explanations to defend their ever-changing position, that's a clear indicator that false beliefs are what's really driving their ideas, not the scientific method. Evolutionists seem to care more about steering away from anything that might indicate intelligent design is at play (because of their atheism belief) than they care about discovering what the facts of life really are. (Worth noting: That dynamic of never admitting mistakes and engaging in one irrational diversion after another can be observed outside of science debates too, it's a hallmark of deep-seated denial based on false belief.)
- Changes within a species has been observed (like the development of antibiotic-resistant bacteria, or change in coat-color of beach mice), but not a mutation that causes one species to become another kind of animal, let alone a more complex one; different doesn't necessarily mean more complex. There has been no observation or evidence of mutation creating a new kind of animal, and yet this is given as the main means of evolution! Mutations have only been observed to recombine already existing information, or to result in a loss of information; it doesn't add new information to the genome that would account for molecules-to-man evolution; the mutation-creates-greater-complexity-of-life theory is scientifically baseless. Evolutionists claim that so-called "micro-evolution" leads to "macro-evolution" (i.e. Darwinian evolution of one kind into another), but again this is just speculation without confirmed observation. The common claim by evolutionary theorists that "from one-celled organisms evolved all life on earth" is a baseless statement (no authoritative specific evidence, only circumstantial); that's not good science!
- No scientific explanation for the immense complexity of DNA (or the brain, etc., of all of the incredible life-forms found on Earth) occurring via random mutations. To say the immense complexity that comprises all the life-forms of such awe-inspiring beauty and functionality could come into existence simply via mutation, random chance and time is baseless irrationality (basically equivalent to saying a whirlwind in a junkyard could produce a fully functioning and polished Ferrari, if the whirlwind just had enough time!)... it's evidence-less theory, that also goes against the Second Law of Thermodynamics (we observe material things to decay over time when left to themselves, not become more ordered). To posit that the amazingly functional biological complexity found on Earth happened by Darwinian processes alone is accepting probabilities that are so astronomically low as to be impossible for all practical purposes; for example, based on the observed complexity of DNA, in order for that to exist by chance as it is in its fully functional and amazing form in even "simple" organisms, it's been calculated that we're talking about something like a chance of 1 in 10-to-the-600th power (1 followed by 600 zeros), a number so ridiculously large it's well beyond any comprehension, or relevance. And regardless, on top of this mathematical implausibility, the idea of DNA manifesting randomly contradicts what scientists have discovered about DNA:
- No evidence that DNA can exist without already existing DNA to create it; all observation shows no DNA manifestation from existing material substances. Both DNA replication and correct reading of its code require highly precise enzymes, enzymes that are precisely specified by the DNA itself; absolutely no by-chance creation of DNA by something of lesser complexity has ever been observed. Likewise the Law of Biogenesis states that no life can come from non-living matter, an observational fact Evolutionists also ignore.
- Shared DNA is not proof of speciation (i.e. one species becoming another species). An analogy: Shared lego building blocks between lego creations doesn't prove that one lego creation can transform into another lego creation. Humans share about 50% of their DNA with bananas, but that doesn't prove that Humans and bananas have a common ancestry, it only proves that they share some of the same building material.
- The problem of "irreducible complexity," i.e. if you backtrack one step in the supposed evolutionary process of an organism, like say remove one of the components of the flagellum (a whip like appendage that moves around to propel a bacteria, spun by a precise biological motor), it wouldn't work at all, so the species would be at an extreme disadvantage, e.g. not being able to move. Evolutionists respond that some of the flagellum’s component structures can be found in other organisms. This is just a re-hash of the similarity = speciation idea just mentioned, which has several obvious flaws; to build on my last point on building materials: a) the right organization is just as important as the right components, b) the components are usually not compatible at all, and there would still be missing components in the complete "evolved" and functioning organism (new needed components are unaccounted for), c) the mechanism of perfect transformation is unexplained and unobserved. In Darwin's book The Origin of Species, in the "Difficulties on Theory" chapter, Darwin said: "If it could be demonstrated that any complex organ existed which could not possibly have been formed by numerous, successive, slight modifications, my theory would absolutely break down." And that's exactly what has been demonstrated by the flagellum, along with other biological components (see also book references below for even more details).
- Darwinian theory has no solid explanation for consciousness. As already noted the theory has plenty of problems trying to explain how life started and how one species supposedly evolves into another, and on top of that, it gives no explanation for how consciousness came about. Speaking of consciousness, use your own to ponder this question: How could dead matter evolve into consciousness? And related to this, where did our conscience come from? Darwinian evolution theory, and the ultra-materialist anti-spiritual perspective that goes along with it, seems to be even against the idea of the obvious fact of our consciousness, and against the obvious fact of our free will, by saying that we're governed simply by chemical processes and survival instincts.
This all shows that a) their theory is not actually sound, and b) they are more interested in defending their ideology than in following the scientific method and honoring whatever the truth is. They want people to believe bananas are our distant cousins (which is an extremely incredible idea, whether you are religious or not), and then ignore requests to show solid evidence for this claim. This inability to point to specific evidence is ongoing as I add this additional note now; the comments I keep receiving on this post from the Darwinian-evolution-defenders consist of one diversion after another and/or one personal attack after another, but still no solid scientific evidence. Here's a good comment I found in reply to some of the aggressive/slandering anti-science pro-Darwinian evolution trolls that abound online: "You should not make comments. You aren't helping the evolutionists' cause because all your speech is filled with hatred and scorn but no actual scientific refutations! LOL. Also, NO! - the things in this video [below] have certainly NOT been debunked. You are either lying or are just ignorant." The slanderous non-scientific comments being referred to, that I have also seen many times, just add further support to the scientific position rejecting Darwinian evolution as fact. When Darwinian evolution has been put on trial by those who care more about the truth than pushing an atheistic world-view, it has been found clearly guilty of impersonating solid science.
As I said at the top of this post, the theory of Evolution has been pushed very forcefully on the population, by supposed experts, and so many "educated" people just take it as fact because they "trust the scientific community." In the same way, people follow the blood-sacrifice/magical-incantation version of Christianity that is pushed on them via the church establishment, because they trust in that too. Misplaced trust in, and one could even say the worship of, the false idols of hierarchical and authoritarian institutions is a long, sad and tragic story that continues to this day, disempowering and misleading countless people, generation after generation.
So what is so disempowering and misleading about the theory of Evolution? It's simple and subtle, but powerful. The main take-away from this theory, that remember says humans evolved from a "primordial soup," is: "You came from pond scum." Therefore the subconscious association made is "You are scum." And therefore also "There is nothing Divine about you," also supporting, "God does not exist." A short aside on the latter belief:
Many atheists point to evils in the world as proof that there is no loving Divinity. This perspective operates on certain assumptions, though as far as I've seen, never directly stating the assumptions, probably because they recognize at some level that their perspective would become instantly less intelligent-sounding if they did:
Assumption #1: "There is no evil force opposing the Creator." This is quite an assumption, being that it goes against thousands of years of theology, history and psychology that clearly point to exactly the opposite.
Assumption #2: "A good God wouldn't permit evil." And you know this without a doubt... how exactly? You know the entire metaphysical reality and what is ultimately necessary and/or for the best? This is basically the "I'm enlightened" atheist perspective... yet I'm pretty sure they're not enlightened/omniscient.
Assumption #3: "Natural Disasters and Birth Defects prove there's no loving Creator and that Intelligent Design is false." A study of the Earth's amazingly complex and against-all-odds life-sustaining operations makes fixation on natural disasters irrational, and also ignores their unavoidable existence within the Ecology/Earth-Sciences that is overall life-preserving (e.g. Plate Tectonics: "For life, advanced or primitive, to exist for more than a few million years, a planet’s crust must easily crack into movable plates that can slide both past and underneath one another.") As for birth defects, again this is irrational fixation, ignoring the fact that the majority of babies are, against immense odds of so-called "random mutation," etc. born perfect. It also ignores the fact that leading causes of birth defects are caused by evils of human society that were not part of the original natural design at all, e.g. chemical/radioactive weapons, recreational and pharmaceutical drugs, x-rays and other tools of modern medicine, etc. So Assumption #3 ignores the details of physiological/geological reality and history, and that does not make for a good basis of argument (nor does any assumption).
Returning to the reality-ignoring theory of Evolution, the main affect of this theory on humanity, like all malevolent propaganda, is disempowerment. Think this evaluation of Evolution theory as propaganda is a stretch? Well, the reality is: Transmitting a very simple and subtle, but also very detrimental false idea, repeatedly and forcefully to your subconscious mind, is the very hallmark of effective propaganda. Darwinian Evolution theory which is pushed on the population fits that formula perfectly, it is "Big Lie" propaganda that is pushed out in the open (like the official 9/11 story, from which the main subconscious takeaway is "I need the Government to protect me, the Government = the good guys."). There are of course other subtle forms of propaganda out in the mainstream too, like the popularized "revolutionary" street artists whose main imagery depicts common people as rats/vermin, or who plaster the word "Obey" everywhere, neither of which is revolutionary at all, despite whatever "clever" rationalizations are given in explanation. The subconscious doesn't deal with those rationalizations, it deals with "I'm scum," "I'm vermin," "I should obey," and "Government is good/needed and keeps us safe." Those that seek to control populations (yes, there really are such authoritarian people, if you doubt this read a little history), especially in current times, seem to know that the power of belief serves them better than anything else, and if you get the population to believe extremely disempowering ideas like that of scum-of-the-earth Evolution and distorted blood-sacrifice/magical-incantation Christianity, then the masses are much much easier to control; both science and religion have been clearly manipulated via establishment institutions to serve the purpose of mind/population control. You can dismissively call this a conspiracy theory, but then that would just ironically reveal another false belief you've been indoctrinated to hold, i.e. that conspiracies don't actually happen on a regular basis; conspiracies (i.e. people working secretly together for a selfish/harmful purpose) are commonplace in the corporate, political and economic realms of society; that's just a common-sense fact. Once you see clearly how the main scientific and religious ideas pushed on us are complete bullshit, and you see why those ideas would be pushed, it's no stretch of the imagination, it's actually waking up to the truth.
More good information on the theory of evolution for evaluation here:
- The Edge of Evolution by Michael J. Behe
- Darwin's Doubt: The Explosive Origin of Animal Life and the Case for Intelligent Design by Stephen C. Meyer
- Signature in the Cell: DNA and the evidence for Intelligent Design by Stephen C. Meyer
- The Case against Darwin: Why the Evidence Should Be Examined by James Perloff
- Tornado in a Junkyard: The Relentless Myth of Darwinism by James Perloff
- Evolution: Still a Theory in Crisis by Michael Denton
- The Case for a Creator: A Journalist Investigates Scientific Evidence That Points Toward God by Lee Strobel
- Icons of Evolution: Science or Myth?: Why Much of What We Teach about Evolution is Wrong by Jonathan Wells
- Not by Chance! Shattering the Modern Theory of Evolution by Lee M. Spetner P.h.d.
"Scientists Prove Human Evolution Being a HOAX."
"Frog to Prince"
"The attempt to explain the origin of life solely from chemical constituents is effectively dead now. Naturalism cannot answer the fundamental problem of how to get from matter and energy to biological function without the infusion of information from an intelligence. Information is not something derived from material properties; in a sense, it transcends matter and energy. Naturalistic theories that rely solely on matter and energy are not going to be able to account for information. Only intelligence can. I think that realization is going to progressively dawn on more and more people, especially younger scientists who have grown up in the age of information technology. ... Information is the hallmark of mind. And purely from the evidence of genetics and biology, we can infer the existence of a mind that's far greater than our own--a conscious, purposeful, rational, intelligent designer who's amazingly creative. There's no getting around it."
~ Stephen C. Meyer
"No one has ever seen a quark, and we believe that no one ever will. They are so tightly bound to each other inside the protons and neutrons that nothing can make them break out on their own. Why, then, do I believe in these invisible quarks? ... In summary, it's because quarks make sense of a lot of direct physical evidence... I wish to engage in a similar strategy with regard to the unseen reality of God. His existence makes sense of many aspects of our knowledge and experience: the order and fruitfulness of the physical world; the multi-layered character of reality; ... the phenomenon of Jesus Christ... I think that very similar thought processes are involved in both cases. I do not believe that I shift in some strange intellectual way when I move from science to religion. ... In their search for truth, science and faith are intellectual cousins under the skin."~ John Polkinghorne, Quarks, Chaos and Christianity, p. 98-100
"Faith does not imply a closed, but an open mind. Quite the opposite of blindness, faith appreciates the vast spiritual realities that materialists overlook by getting trapped in the purely physical."
~ Sir John Templeton